Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tremola News
http://www.tremola.ch/en/product.php

Their new site is a great improvement (and the video, on Swiss mountain roads, is impressive). They told me that EU homologation changes have pushed back the date for first deliveries, as they do not want to have to individually register each vehicle. It should be available and on the market at the beginning of 2018.

But I am disappointed that side enclosure panels are not planned for the near future. And don´t particularly like the design, as it closely resembles a mobility scooter. But, they say max. speed can be easily increased (to the detriment of max. range).

If it ccould be fully enclosed (and heated), with removeable panels, it would have suited me ideally!
It is what it is.......a FUNctional, tilting three wheeler electric scooter.  I may buy one if/when available to ride during fair weather commutes around the city.  Much like any other motorbike, but on a stable platform that leans into turns with added safety features.   

It's meant to supplement your primary vehicle.........not be your primary vehicle........as is the SRK and SOLO three wheeler commuter EVs.  In a mild or tropical climate the Tremola would likely meet 90% of a commuter's year around everyday electric driving needs without enclosure panels or climate control.  

Thanks for the post!
 White Signature Series SRK#______ (Reservation Number unknown)
I´ll have to go down to Munich in the near future to see the new Tremola at an EV exhibition. The latest news is that correcting an electronic control bug has pushed market delivery back for a whole year. The latest estimate for first deliveries is the end of this year ... or the beginning of next. Homologation (EU registration) has been completed. The next step is to achieve EU acceptance for the full enclosure; as yet, the lower panel is not fitted as the authorities require the driver to be able to place a foot on the ground when the vehicle is stationary ... until authorities are satisfied that the stationary vehicle is stable. The Tremola has been tested to well over 100kmh, it has a reverse gear .... and the price is not set to increase. Heating should not be much of a problem, as companies like Webasto make small, liquid fuel, App controled heaters that can be installed in any vehicle. The Tremola is only 80cm (31 1/2 inches) wide -no wider than a motorbike, can be parked (like a motorbike) on pedestrian areas, provides satisfactory weather protection and should be agile enough with its leaning technology. It has hub electric motors .... but they really are lightweight. Maybe there really is light at the end of the tunnel.
(10-10-2017, 09:11 AM)paravil Wrote: It has hub electric motors .... but they really are lightweight.

Hmmm. Imagine that.

Sounds like good news. Have you got a link to the Tremola for us?
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.
The ndew site is quoted two entries up.
Yes ... hub motors .... you can´t win `em all!
[+] 1 user Likes paravil's post
First impression: ground clearance during a tilt appears to be close to zero. I'm not sure I would want to be enclosed.

I like the general idea. Need more video.
Ground clearance on the zorst of my bike IS very often ground zero!!
I have scraped the footpegs too many times on my motorcycles. The body impact in a tight turn or pothole could throw the entire vehicle balance off, me thinks.
My V-Star has been lowered both front and rear.
You can imagine what the bottom of the pegs look like.
I can actually pick out some of my grooves on local twisties.

.jpg   36.jpg (Size: 71.78 KB / Downloads: 15)
Required listening... House of Lords - Can't find my way home
This version kicks. There's just no other way to describe it. Shivers. Turn...it...up!
Disclaimer: No false statistics were supported, displayed or harmed in the making of this post.